Hospital Italiano de Buenos Aires
- Chief of the General Surgery Service Hospital Italiano de Buenos Aires (2005-2016)
- Chief of the Liver Transplant Unit Hospital Italiano de Buenos Aires (1987-2016)
Fundación Hematológica Argentina F.A.D.H.E
- Vice-President (1989)
- University: Universidad de Buenos Aires
Chair: General Surgery
Position: Full Professor (2005-2016)
- University: School of Medicine. University Institute. Hospital Italiano de Buenos Aires.
Chair: General Surgery
Position: Full Professor in charge of the University Department Surgical Clinic (2006-2012)
Current Position: Associate Professor
- Postgraduate Study
University: Universidad de Buenos Aires
Chair: Specialist in General Surgery
- 1974 -M.D. Graduated from Universidad Nacional de La Plata School of Medicine
Graduation date: December 18, 1974 Overall grade average: 9.27 Graduated with distinction
- 1980- Specialist in General Surgery, degree awarded by Colegio de Médicos de la Provincia de Buenos Aires.
- Assistant Professor of Surgery at Universidad Nacional de Buenos Aires
- 1981- Specialist in Surgery, degree awarded by the Asociación Argentina de Cirugía (Argentine Association of Surgery).
- 1987-Doctoral Thesis:”Tratamiento de los abscesos intra-abdominales mediante el drenaje percutáneo guiado”, approved on December 15, 1987.
- 1988 - Associate Professor of Surgery, Universidad Nacional de Buenos Aires
- 1992 - Academic Degree: Doctor in Medicine / Ph D, awarded by Universidad de Buenos Aires School of Medicine, March 18, 1992
- 1993 - Certification in Surgery, awarded by Consejo de Profesionales Médicos Board of Medical Professionals supported by the National Academy of Medicine. Buenos Aires. August 3,1993.
- 1997 – Full Professor of General Surgery, Surgery Department, University of Buenos Aires. Recognition of Outstanding Performance by the Board of Medical Examiners.
- 2004- Honorary Member of La PlataMedicineUniversity, June 12th, 2004.
- 2005- Full Professor of General Surgery at the Surgery Unit of the University of Medicine, Buenos Aires, October 26, 2005 -11-15 Resolution N° (CS) Nº 5543/05.
- 2006 / 2012 - Full professor of the Clinical Surgery Department University Institute, School of Medicine, Hospital Italiano de Buenos Aires.
- 1975-1978 Resident /General Surgery . Hospital Italiano de Buenos Aires
- 1978- 1979 Chief Resident /General Surgery. Hospital Italiano de Buenos Aires
- 1981 – 1983 Fellow at UniversityHealthCenter of PittsburghSchool of Medicine. Department of Surgery and Liver Unit. Chairman: T.E. Starzl, MD, PhD.
- Visiting Surgeon at the University of Minnesota (June- 1983-August1983) Chairman Davis Shuterland.
- 1983 – Visiting Surgeon at the Department of Surgery at the University of Miami. JacksonMemorialMedicalCenter Professor and Chair: Robert Zeppa, M.D. October-November 1984
- Visiting Professor at the University of Louvaine (St.LukeHospital) Belgium. Chairman: Prof. J.B Otte.
- 1986-Visiting Professor at the Washington Cancer Institute, USA. Chairman: Paul Sugarbaker.
- Visiting Professor at the NebraskaUniversity, Omaha. Chairman: Layton Rikers & Byers Shaw.
- Visiting Professor at the University of Chicago , Ilinois. Chairman: Christopf Broelsh.
- 1985 – Visiting Fellow at the University of Pittsburgh Liver and Transplantation Unit. Chairman: T.E. Starzl, M.D., PhD. Grant awarded by Hospital Italiano de Buenos Aires, Argentina. August 17 – October 1.
- Visiting Fellow at the University of Minnesota Department of Surgery. Transplant Service and Transplant Laboratory Chairman : J.Najarian , M.D; Laboratory Head : D. Shutterland, M.D. Grant awarded by Hospital Italiano de Buenos Aires. October 2 – October 26.
- 1985 – Visiting Fellow at the Surgical Department of the Mayo Clinic Foundation. Chairman: M. Adson, M.D.
- 1987 – Visiting Fellow at the University of Pittsburgh Liver and Transplantation Unit. Chairman: T.E. Starzl, M.D., PhD.
- 1988 – Visiting Fellow at the Transplantation Service of the PresbyterianPacificCenter (FormerStanfordUniversity). Chairman: Geoffrey Collins. San Francisco, California. May, 1988.
- 1988 –Visiting Fellow at the Service de Chirurgie Pediatrique Generale et Abdominale de l´Université Catholique de Louvain. Clinique Universitaire Saint-Luc, Liver Transplantation Service.Chairman: Professor J.B. Otte. Brussels, Belgium. September 5- September 1992.
- 1989 – Visiting Fellow at the Transplantation Service of the PresbyterianHospital. Chairman T.E.Starzl. October, 1989.
- 1991 -Visiting Professor, University of NebraskaMedicalCenter. Omaha. Chief Transplantation Service: Prof. Byers W. Shaw Jr,M.D Chairman: Dep.Surgery. Layton F. Rikkers M.D. Sponsored by World Transplant Children Foundation. September 15 - 17
- 1991 – Visiting Professor, University of ChicagoPritakerSchool of Medicine. Dep. of Surgery. Chairman Liver Transplant Service: J.C. Emond M.D. Sponsored by World Transplant Children Foundation September 8th through September 14th
- 1992 -Visiting Professor University of Washington. WashingtonMedicalCenter and Cancer Institute. Chairman and Director: Paul Sugarbaker M.D. Phd. April, 1992.
- 1993 -Visiting Professor, Erlangen University, Germany. Chairman: Johaness Scheele.August,1993.
- 2015- Honorary Felowship of the American College of Surgeons (ACS) , October 4th Chicago Illinois, USA.
- 2015 “Honorary Member of The Brazilian College of Digestive Surgeons” founded in 1988 by a Group of professors from the most important Universities. “Member Award”. July 2 ; Sao Paulo, Brasil. “Gastrao”.
- 2015- Honarary Member of the Peruvian Society of General Surgeons. March 23rd , 2015.
- 2015-Distinguished Citizen of Provincia de Buenos Aires, for his outstanding contribution in the Medicine area and Surgery.
- 2013- Full Member of the Academia Nacional de Medicina, November 2013 /2014
- 2013 Honorary Member of the Italian Society of Surgeons. . Confer in Turin, Italy.
- 2013.-Nomination “New Chavaliers Du Tastevin” Honor conferido por la European Surgical Association. ESA 20° Aniversary. April 12-13 Burgundy, Beaune, Francia 2013.
- 2012-Presidente del 1° Congreso Argentino y Latinoamericano de Cirugía Hepato- Pancreato-Biliar (HPB). Marzo del 2012.
- 2012- Honorary Member German Surgical Assosiation .
- 2012-Member of the Academia Nacional de Ciencias Médicas de Córdoba.
- 2011- Honorary Member of the European Surgical Association (ESA).
- 2011- Honorary Member Argentine Academy of Surgery.
- 2010-Chairman of the 9° Congreso Mundial de la Hepato-Pancreato Biliary Association, April 18-22 ;2010.
- 2010-Chairman of the Jornadas de Otoño, 2010. San Juan, May 13 / 14.
- 2010-Chairman of the 50° Congreso Cuyano de Cirugía. San Juan May 13 / 14 de
- 2010- Next World Congress Chairman ex officio 2010. IHPBA COMMITTEES
- 2010-Honorary Member of The Royal College of Surgeons of Edinburgh.
- 2009-Chairman of the Argentine Academy of Surgery
- 2009-Chairman of the Argentine Society of Surgery
- 2009-Member of Board of Director “Capítulo Argentino de la International Hepato Pancreato Biliary Association” (CA- IHPBA), 2008-2010.
- 2008- Vice-president of the Argentine Academy of Surgery
- 2008-Full Professor of the Board of the IHPBA (International Hepato Pancreato Biliary Association)
- 2008- Honorary Member of the Sociedad de Cirugía Digestiva de Brasil.
- 2008-President elected of the 79º Congreso Argentino de Cirugía.
- 2007- Honorary Fellow of the American Surgical Association.
- 2007- Honorary Faculty Member of the International School of Surgical Oncology (ISSO).
- 2007- Member of the International Surgical Group (ISG).
- 2007-Member of the Capítulo Ecuatoriano (AHPBA)
- 2006-Full Member of the Board American HPBA.
- 2006-Full Member of the Board International HPBA.
- 2004- General Secretary of the Academia Argentina de Cirugía Comisión Directiva para el período 2004-2008
- Member of the Committee AHPBA Membership
- Honorary Member of the Facultad de Ciencia Médicas de La Plata.
- 2002 – Honorary Member de la Academia Peruana de Cirugía.
- Director (Publicaciones y Prensa de la Academia Argentina de Cirugía)
- Chairman of Capítulo Argentino de la International Hepato-Pancreato-Biliary Association. (Argentine Chapter of the International Hepato-Pancreato-Biliary Association)
- Member of the Board International- Hepato-Pancreato-Biliary Association.
2013-Nomination "Chavaliers Du Tastevin" at the 20° European Surgical Association, Burgundy, Paris 2013
Awards / Honors
- 2015 - Highest Award in Health : "PRIZE TO THE MEDICAL BY ACHIVEMENT FOR A BETTER LIFE". For his contribution for a better human quality in health. Recognition : "The Best health Professional of the Year 2014-2015".
- 2014-Distinction "Academy Excellence" for his teaching, confer by the University of Medicine.
- 2014- Best Video Award: "Ante in situ hepatectomy and replacement of inferior vena cava and hepatic vein , using a transitory porto-caval shunt". IAHPBA 2014 World Congress Seoul Korea.
- 2013 –Award “KONEX PLATINO” (he was acknowledged with one of the most important awards given in Argentina) for “Maximum Discipline in Surgery”
- 2013-Award “KONEX” –Diploma for the “Best Surgeon of the last Decade”
- 2013- Honorary Member of Sociedad Italiana de Cirugía. Confer in Turin, Italy. August 2013
- 2013-Nomination “New Chavaliers Du Tastevin” honor confer by the European Surgical Association (ESA) 20° Aniversary. April 12-13 Burgundy, Beaune, Paris 2013.
- 2013-Award “Honorary Diploma in Trasnplantation Surgery”. Confer by the Division of Trasplantation with the UEMS (Union Européenne des Médecins Spécialistes European Union of Medical Specialists. The UEMS Section of Surgery.
- 2010-Award “Maestros de la Medicina” confer by Prensa Médica Argentina. June; 2010, at the NationalAcademy of Medicine.
- 2010-Award “Award of Fellowship ad Hominem of The Royal College of Surgeons of Edinburg, Scotland. September 3rd; 2010.
- 2007- Honorary Fellow. American Surgical Association.
- 2004- Award “Senador Domingo Faustino Sarmiento de la Cámara de Senadores de la Nación”.
- 2003- Award “Consultor de Salud”, in favor in quality of life. 1997. Prensa independiente
- 1988- Award “Laurel de Plata a la personalidad del año”. Rotary Club of Buenos Aires.
- 1988-“XVIII Selection of Ten Outstanding Youths”.
- 1992- Distinguished as Illustrious Citizen of Saladillo in recognition of his contribution to science Distinction awarded by Honorable Consejo Deliberante de Saladillo.
- 1997- Award “Fundación Argentina de Trasplante Hepático” recognition for his contribution about Liver Transplantation in Argentina.
- 1997 -Award INCUCAI 1997 “Pioner in Liver Transplantation” in Argentina.
- 1999- Award “Calidad de Vida” en el Día Mundial de la Salud